Hire Remediation Professionals for Mold Damage in Ft. Pierce
Moisture Management Plus Mold Remediation -- Why SERVPRO Is the Ft. Pierce Choice
Trying to solve Ft. Pierce mold growth issues without addressing water damage is a recipe for disaster. Spores driving the spread of fungal colonies must find and absorb moisture to germinate and multiply. Sources of water in your home can include:
- Leaking roof from storms
- Bust pipes
- Sewage backup
- Excessive humidity levels
Why Does SERVPRO Focus First on Eliminating Water Damage?
Mold damage in Ft. Pierce is less likely to overwhelm homeowners when trained technicians locate water incursions and trace for migration as part of initial assessment activities. Proficiency in water removal and applied structural drying is why SERVPRO helps avoid a never-ending cycle of mold removal followed by fungal resurgence because of lingering moisture. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), author of the seminal guide to effective mold remediation followed by reputable contractors, stresses that moisture management is the key to effective microbial control strategies.
What Is the EPA Mold Remediation Protocol?
The methodical, research-based methodology developed by the EPA is the backbone of our mold remediation, which is why SERVPRO crews feel confident during microbial infestation projects. The broad outline of the process follows:
- Technicians don personal protective equipment (PPE) to prevent drift or tracking of moldy debris into unaffected areas.
- Crews locate mold colonies, testing when necessary.
- Workers contain the workspace by wrapping areas with 1.6 mil polyethylene and sealing through the action of negative pressure air scrubbing equipment.
- Team members mechanically remove mold organisms with scrapers, brushes, and other agitation techniques -- considering controlled media blasting with soda or dry ice for porous surfaces.
- Technicians complete cleanup with spray and wipe or HEPA-filtered vacuuming, bagging debris and residues for lawful disposal.
- Managers direct the treatment of newly mold-free surfaces with EPA-registered antimicrobials to inhibit future mold growth.
Availability of comprehensive water and mold damage emergency services is why SERVPRO of Fort Pierce NE earns high rankings for successful outcomes. Call (772) 362-7060 to arrange the necessary interventions for sustainable mold remediation.